Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Whole Animal Butchery (Intrepid Asia Ventures Pte Ltd) (“we”, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organizations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
- As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contact us through any means to find out more about any goods or services which we provide or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means any data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and your identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information including other payment processing technologies.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
3. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”). In the event that a third party who has not been authorized, we shall not be held responsible for the lack of authorization, misuse of information and any losses or damages arising thereafter.
4. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- Performing obligations and/or perceived obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Verifying your identity;
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- Managing your relationship with us;
- Processing payment or credit transactions of any kind;
- Sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of updates to our goods and/or services or all other information as performed in the retail and logistics operation of the business;
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any government and/or regulatory authority;
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information, whether the purpose is express or implied from the context of any interaction or engagement you have with us;
- Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and their agents which may from time to time be subject to changes, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
5. We may disclose your personal data wholly or in part thereof, with or without notice to you:
- where such disclosure is required or perceived to be required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party providers, their agents or other organizations which we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 4 above for us.
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Withdrawing Your Conset
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdraw by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
8. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it.
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, w may not be in a position to continue providing our goods and/or services to you and it may lead to financial losses or damages which we we shall not be liable, and we shall in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access To And Correction Of Personal Data
11. If you wish to make (a) an access request to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
12. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
13. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection Of Personal Data
14. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
15. You should be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy Of Personal Data
16. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are any changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Retention Of Personal Data
17. We may retain your personal data for a period of up to 10 years, or as required by law. If you no longer wish your personal data to be retained by us, kindly follow the prescribed procedure outlined in Clause 7 above.
Transfer Of Personal Data Outside Of Singapore
18. While we generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore, there may be circumstances where our third party service providers and/or their agents may reside overseas.
Data Protection Officer
19. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any requests, in the following manner:
Email address: email@example.com
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Effect Of Notice and Changes to Notice
20. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, client interaction with us, online and/or offline orders for goods and/or services, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
21. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revisions has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services or the request for provision of goods and/or services shall constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: January 2023
Last updated: January 2023