What is this and what is it for?
WAB’s meal balancer range is a series of powdered supplements designed for various life stages of the canine and feline species. It is formulated by Ronny LeJeune, certified pet nutritionist through the Companion Animal Sciences Institute, to help bridge common nutritional deficiencies present in home cooked or raw diets.
What is the biggest concern pet owners’ have about feeding fresh?
The most common concern across owners who feed cooked or raw diets is “Is my pet getting all the nutrition they need?”. The quest for complete nutrition is often one of the biggest hurdle pet owners will need to cross, some opting not to feed fresh at all for fear of the long-term health implications that an imbalanced meal will have for their pet.
What are some of the common deficiencies in self-made diets?
- Macrominerals: Calcium, magnesium
- Trace Minerals: Zinc, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin B, choline, vitamin D, vitamin E
- Amino Acids: Taurine
Most of these deficiencies can be addressed through raw feeding, appropriate protein rotation, inclusion of raw meaty bones, organ meat and seafood in the diet. However, pet owners can be limited by their budget, lifestyle, pets’ allergies, ailments, food preferences etc.
How can WAB’s Meal Balancer help?
WAB’s meal balancers are best used with our patties which are already pre-formulated to include a certain percentage of muscle meat, muscle meat organs and secreting organs. It allows owners to complete their pet’s meals without worrying about nutritional deficiencies from a single protein diet. Alternatively, you can also opt to use our meal balancer with your own DIY meals.
Which Meal Balancer should you purchase?
If your pet is less than or 12 months old, please use either “Puppies” or “Kittens”. If your pet is above 12 months old, please use “Adult Dogs” or “Adult Cats”.
What differentiates WAB’s products?
Our products are formulated with the following in mind:
- Species specific life-stage support: We have different formulations for Puppies, Adult Dogs, Kittens and Adult Cats. WAB has adopted a species and life stage specific approach to ensuring nutritional requirements are appropriately and adequately met.
- Easy to store and easy to use – simply sprinkle and serve!
- Peace of mind: Designed to nutritionally complete raw or home-cooked meals!
How long will each bottle last?
Below is an approximation of how long each bottle of Meal Balancer will last:
- Adult Dog,10kg: 4 months
- Adult Cat, 6kg: 5 months
- Puppy, 4kg: 3 months
- Kitten, 2kg: 10 months
What are the ingredients used in the Meal Balancer and how is it different from relying on whole foods?
We source ingredients based on the following criteria:
- Human-grade quality
- Free from contamination and toxic minerals
- Lab-tested with proof of analysis
- Contains the required concentration of vitamins and minerals
As far as possible, we always rely on a whole food source. However, there are certain exceptions to this.
- Hypervitaminosis: Nutritional deficiencies sometimes cannot be addressed by adding more natural ingredients as whole food contains multiple nutrients and vitamins and adding more of them carries the risk of hypervitaminosis which becomes detrimental to our objective of improving our pet’s health in the first place. Using targeted supplementation allows us to provide the required nutrients at a precise concentration.
- Allergies: Many pets suffer from allergies at one point or another in their lifetime. This can significantly reduce the types of food that a pet can eat, putting them at an even greater risk of nutritional deficiencies. By using protein neutral ingredients, WAB’s Meal Balancers can help owners attain optimal nutrition for their pets without fear of triggering protein related allergies.
Is the Meal Balancer suitable for my pet with multiple food allergies?
First step is to check through the list of ingredients on the back of the label. If your pet suffers from any food allergies from any one of the ingredients, you should not use this product.
Otherwise, the Meal Balancer contains ingredients that are clean and protein neutral so which means it will be suitable for the majority of the pets with multiple protein allergies.
There are no reviews yet.